Saturday, October 24, 2015

Surface Pro 2 wifi issues

I really don't know what was in Microsoft's mind to add this stupid Marvell Avastar 350N wifi card to the Surface 2 Pro. Even though it's called 350N the best speed you can get is 130Mbps with the Bluetooth turned off. If the bluetooth stays on it's 65Mbps. I had a lot of issues connecting and using it simultaneously with bluetooth headset, connecting to my work guest network via WPA2 Enterprise. At the moment with latest Windows 10 I cannot connect to the work guest network at all. I mean this would be acceptable for 100 Eur netbook, it's not for a 1000 Eur hi-end machine. I feel stupid using an usb dongle in such an expensive machine. Connecting support just recommended to refresh the computer which did not help and I just spent several hours restoring applications.
Probably my next hybrid will be Lenovo or something else. No more Microsoft.

No comments:

Post a Comment